Filipino Chicken AdoboFrom deedeec 8 years ago
- --Adobo Marinade-- shopping list
- 3/4 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 whole garlic bulb, crushed (more if you like) shopping list
- 2-3 bay leaves shopping list
- small handful of whole pepper corns shopping list
- --Plus-- shopping list
- 3 lbs chicken legs and thighs shopping list
- (you can use with pork or beef too) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large pot. Add chicken and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 1/2 an hour.
- Take chicken out and either put it under a broiler or put it on a very hot grill and cook about 10-12 minutes to brown up nicely.
- Meanwhile, bring marinade back to a boil and boil until reduced by about 1/2.
- When chicken is done, put on a large serving platter and pour Adobo sauce over it and serve.
- Store leftovers in sauce, will keep a week. Supposedly it'll keep without refrigeration, but I've never tried it. (I never ate it as leftovers at my MIL's house either.)
- I'm not sure of cooking times if using pork or beef. I just know she made it with that too. The pork I know she slow cooked on low heat (200F I'm guessing) in oven for hours.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
Made this for dinner tonight for myself and my boyfriend (he's half Filipino.) He loved it, it was awesome. Love the recipe...definitely going to be trying this with beef and pork!!kalakala in Louisville loved it
I must give this recipe a try. I've had this while living in Japan, my next door neighbor fixed Filipino Chicken Adobo, it was so good. I watched her make it but never had her recipe, this looks so much like it. Thanks for the great post, here's m...morehenrie in Savannah loved it