Cornmeal-Crusted Goat Cheese with Hot Tomato SalsaFrom greekgirrrl 6 years ago
- For the cornmeal-crusted goat cheese: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups coarse cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 9 ounces soft goat cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon roasted, peeled, and diced green chile or puréed chipotles en adobo shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- For the hot tomato salsa: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely diced shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed, toasted and ground shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For the cornmeal-crusted goat cheese: Whip eggs and milk together.
- Mix cornmeal and peppercorns together.
- Place flour on a piece of wax paper.
- Combine goat cheese and chile; then divide the mixture into six equal parts. Roll into balls, and flatten at opposite ends for stability.
- Dredge the goat cheese mixture in flour, followed by the egg wash, and ending with the cornmeal mixture, being careful to coat the cheese completely.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat to 375°F and fry the cheese until golden brown. Remove the cheese with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels. Serve with hot tomato salsa.
- For the hot tomato salsa: Heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion until golden, adding the garlic during the last minute. Add the cumin, tomatoes, and salt and simmer about 5 minutes, or until flavors come together.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating6 people
yummy recipe.. I would want to eat them all,!!! a five foresurepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This recipe sounds very close to someting I used to order in one of my favorite restaurants...I think it sounds delicious.debwin in Toronto loved it
Oh yum!razorfamilyfarms in Fortson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!