Triple-Layered Banana CakeFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black walnut flavoring shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 small) shopping list
- buttercream frosting shopping list
- 2 small bananas, sliced shopping list
- 8 strawberries, sliced shopping list
- Garnish: drained crushed pineapple shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended. Stir in flavoring.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until blended. Remove 2 1/2 cups batter.
- Stir together 2 1/2 cups batter, cocoa, and vanilla; pour into 1 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepan.
- Stir 1 cup banana into remaining batter; pour evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake layers at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze 1 hour.
- Spread 1 banana layer with Buttercream Frosting; arrange banana slices on top. Top with chocolate layer, and spread with frosting; top with strawberries. Top with remaining banana layer; spread top and sides with frosting. Garnish, if desired.
- Yield: 1 (3-layer) cake
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
I have gained 15 pounds in the last 30 minutes just reading your new recipes! LOL...keep 'em coming! :@)sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I've gained more than 15 # just reading your new recipes! Sparow64 and I are your big fans for sure! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Love anything with 'cake' and 'banana' in the name!sunny in Portland loved it