Lamb Chops Marinated In Mint And SherryFrom jimrug1 9 years ago
- 8 lamb loin chops (Large Lamb steaks work also) shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1 Tsp cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 sweet onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup Sherry shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Place Mint leaves and Peppercorns in food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the Onion and repeat.
- Add the rest of the Marinade ingredients and blend until well mixed. The marinade should be fairly thick. If you think it is too thick, when in doubt, add more sherry.
- Put chops in a shallow dish and pour on the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook. Grill or broil chop on very high heat until cooked to desired temp.
- ** I like my chops rare w/ warm center (3 - 4 minutes per side max)
- For medium rare, cook approx. 5 minutes per side.
- If you want them cooked more than that, you are on your own.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating4 people
Ohmigoodness!!!! This sounds wonderful. I love it.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
wow - sounds like a super treat, any special sherry you can suggest for me? Thanks sherrie! lol
Leahdivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it