Blueberry Oatmeal PancakesFrom justin 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cook oats shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, unthawed (see note if using fresh instead) shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl stir together your oats and buttermilk. Let that sit for about 10 minutes to allow the oatmeal to soften up a bit.
- In a different larger mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Heat up a large pan or griddle to medium heat and pour 1/4 cup of mix per pancake. Add your fresh blueberries to the cakes at this point (if you do it earlier the berries will get smushed and just turn your cakes purple).
- Let this cook for about 3 minutes then flip and give it another 2 minutes. The end result should be a golden brown cake on either side.
The Cookjustin San Diego, CA
The Rating4 people
Pancakes are my favorite food and I'm always looking for new recipes - I can't wait to try this one!sunny in Portland loved it
I am making these this AMpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
Good flavor. I made purple cakes.
See Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes for more mumblings.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!