Jalapeno Chicken CasseroleFrom jett2whit 9 years ago
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed. shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded & chopped (wash hands good after handling) shopping list
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 (8-oz) container sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) package nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips shopping list
- 6 Cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend shopping list
- Garnish: green onions shopping list
How to make it
- DRAIN spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- MELT butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, green onions, and jalapeno; saute until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach , soup, sour cream and ground cumin.
- LAYER half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture and cheese in a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating6 people
oh yummo this makes me salivate - the flavors the tastes - the texture - everything food should be - to close your eyes and still be able to appreciate the dish - thats what this dish reminds me of...thank you for the post!!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it