Roast Sticky ChickenFrom snowbird2002 8 years ago
- 4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 large roasting chicken, as big as you can find shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours (yes, 250 degrees for 5 hours). This is safe, it's been checked out.
- After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices.
- The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown.
- If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it.
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving
The Cooksnowbird2002 Wasaga Beach, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!