Beefy Chile Relleno CasseroleFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 27 oz. can whole green chilies shopping list
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, grated/shredded shopping list
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated/shredded shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. ground beef, browned shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 small can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce or you can use salsa sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chilies, slice open, remove seeds, and pat dry.
- In a 9” x 13” pan, layer half the chiles, then half the cooked ground beef and garlic mixture with tomatoes added after cooking beef, then half the cheese.
- Repeat layers but save 1/2 cup cheese for topping.
- Beat the eggs, add the flour and milk and beat until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chiles, meat, and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the top, sprinkle with the reserved cheese and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares.
- Serves 6 - 8
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
This is it! This is just what I've been looking for. High 5 to you Lor and for this recipe of course ;)laadeedaa in loved it
A delicious, wonderful recipe. Thanks for reminding me! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Love this, I'd lost my recipe and I'll be happily putting this on the menu for next week. YUM!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it