Beefy Chile Relleno CasseroleFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1 27 oz. can whole green chilies shopping list
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, grated/shredded shopping list
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated/shredded shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. ground beef, browned shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 small can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce or you can use salsa sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chilies, slice open, remove seeds, and pat dry.
- In a 9” x 13” pan, layer half the chiles, then half the cooked ground beef and garlic mixture with tomatoes added after cooking beef, then half the cheese.
- Repeat layers but save 1/2 cup cheese for topping.
- Beat the eggs, add the flour and milk and beat until blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the chiles, meat, and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the top, sprinkle with the reserved cheese and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares.
- Serves 6 - 8
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Love this, I'd lost my recipe and I'll be happily putting this on the menu for next week. YUM!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
A delicious, wonderful recipe. Thanks for reminding me! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This is it! This is just what I've been looking for. High 5 to you Lor and for this recipe of course ;)laadeedaa in loved it