Classic ANGEL FLAKE Coconut CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) BAKER'S angel flake coconut, divided shopping list
- 1 cup cold milk shopping list
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O vanilla flavor Instant Pudding & pie filling shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, divided 1 cup cold milk 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling 1/4 cup powdered sugar 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; stir in 2/3 cup of the coconut. Pour evenly into two 9-inch round baking pans. Bake as directed on package. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool cakes completely.
- POUR milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix and sugar. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 15 min.
- PLACE one cake layer on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the remaining coconut; cover with second cake layer. Spread top and side with remaining pudding mixture; press remaining coconut into pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Store leftovers in refrigerator.