Oatmeal Wheat BreadFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup of instant mashed potato granules shopping list
- 3 packages of dry yeast shopping list
- 1 tbsp of salt shopping list
- 2 cups of milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups of white all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Combine whole wheat flour, potato granules, yeast and salt in a big bowl.
- Heat milk, honey and butter until lukewarm.
- Add to the above mix.
- Beat with electric mixer about 3 minutes.
- Add oats, mix.
- Add enough white flour to make stiff dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease all surfaces.
- Cover with a damp clean dish towel and let rise to double.
- Punch down and divide and put in greased loaf pans.
- Let rise.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes to start, then at 350 degrees for 30 minutes more.