The Freshest Coffee Ice CreamFrom noir 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of the strongest coffee you’ve ever made in your life! shopping list
- ( I use Expresso) shopping list
- Optional: dark chocolate chunks shopping list
How to make it
- Combine eggs, yolks and sugar in a bowl and blend thoroughly with a whisk or electric beater for about 5 minutes.
- Heat milk and cream in a medium saucepan; do not let boil, just “scorch” it until it is near-boiling hot.
- Turn off heat.
- Very slowly pour in 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, beating rapidly with a whisk.
- Once it is all beaten in, pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the milk mixture while beating.
- Heat mixture under medium low, stirring constantly, for a few more minutes or until the consistency is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon when dipped in.
- Turn off heat.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap placed directly on the surface of the liquid.
- Chill overnight or until completely cool.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow machine’s directions for how long it should churn.
- If using chocolate chunks, pour into the mixture during the last minute of churning.
- Recommended: freeze for 2 hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- When ready to eat, serve with a Sugar Cookie! :)
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
simply perfect!iffyo in loved it
Tops Noir!*wink*pink in USA loved it
Perfect.smooch in America loved it