Lamb Stew With Peas and TomatoesFrom bostonmargy 6 years ago
- 2 lbs lamb stew meat shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 6 large garlic cloves, flattened with the side of a knife shopping list
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, or 2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 28-oz can Italian-style tomatoes shopping list
- 1 10-oz bag frozen petite (or regular) peas shopping list
- cooked white rice shopping list
How to make it
- Season Lamb pieces with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat olive oil in a deep saute pan and brown meat in batches.
- Return all lamb to pan, including any collected juices.'
- Mix in garlic and rosemary, stir to combine
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by 2/3, scraping up browned bits, about 8 minutes
- Add canned tomatoes and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until lamb is tender)
- Add peas and simmer for an additional 10 minutes