Fabulous Quiche LorraineFrom thegoldminer 6 years ago
- 1 single pastry shell shopping list
- 3/4b bacon (uncooked) shopping list
- 1/2 lb swiss cheese (grated) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. melted butter shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- chopped onions shopping list
- green chiles on the bottom layer (full chili) shopping list
- Chopped chiles throughout mixture shopping list
- No bacon for Vegetarians shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9” pan (quiche pan if available) with pastry.
- Fry bacon until crisp (you will be breaking it up later)
- Grate cheese, and then mix cheese and broken up fried bacon in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add flour, salt, cayenne and nutmeg, mix lightly.
- Add milk, melted butter, mix lightly.
- Layer the grated cheese and bacon into the pastry.
- Pour the mixture (it is referred to as custard) over the cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes until set. It should get a little brown here and there on the top.
- Allow too rest for about 15 minutes or until you can’t stand it any more, cut into wedges (if sharing) or grab a fork and eat until you can’t get another bite in. OH MAN, this is good stuff.
- A great recipe that can be heated up later in the microwave. OH Man, this is good stuff.
- I peeled the top off in the last couple of pics to show how juciy the quiche is and these were pics of the quiche microwaved about a minute the next day. The slice should be cut into three pieces and spread out evenly around the plate for even heating.
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating6 people
Thank you. Nice and simple and looks heavenly.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I Love Quiche - thanks for sharing JJ.sunny in Portland loved it
Love Quiche and this looks fabulous. Thanks.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Original Recipes143 members
Anything Goes286 members
Breakfast Recipes123 members
My BEST Appetizer I Takemake For Parties112 members
Quiche And Tell It42 members
Companys Coming115 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Delicious Foods39 members