Cumin Pork Roast with Mushroom SauceFrom martinichef 8 years ago
- 3 lb center cut boneless pork loin shopping list
- 4 tsp ground cumin, divided shopping list
- 3 tblsp butter, divided shopping list
- 1 lb mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tblsp finely chopped jalepeno shopping list
- 3 tblsp chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 14-oz can chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tblsp flour shopping list
- fresh cilantro sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat over to 375. Sprinkle port with salt and pepper.
- Rub 3 tsp cumin all over pork.
- Place in roasting pan.
- Bake 45 minutes
- Melt 2 tblsp butter in large skillet over meduim heat.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and 1 tblsp jalapeno
- Saute until mushrooms are very soft and beginning to brown
- Remove from heat. Mix in chopped cilantro, oregano, and remaining cumin. Season to tast with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Transfer pork to the platter. Tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. Add broth to roasting pan, scrap up any browned bits. Transfer broth mixture to heavy medium sauce pan.
- Pour sherry in bowl; gradually whisk in flour to blend.
- Whisk Sherry mixture and remaining butter, and jalapeno into broth mixture. Bring to boil, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and any juices from pork on platter. Boil until sauce thickens enought to coat spoon, stirring occasionally. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice pork. Garnish platter with cilantro sprigs. Serve pork with sauce.
- Creamed garlic potaoes as a side dish goes very well and you can spoon the sauce over the potatoes.
The Cookmartinichef Johnson City, TN
The Rating4 people
this is really something hey. Was looking for something nice to do with my porkandreac in Cape Town loved it
This looks awesome! you have some great recipes!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Love Cumin in this dishpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!