Easy Easy Easy No Bake Key Lime PieFrom tippystclair 9 years ago
- Base: shopping list
- 3oz (85g) butter shopping list
- 8oz (225g) graham crackers, ginger cookies, vanilla cookies or digestives, finely crumbled shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 15oz (405g) can condensed milk shopping list
- Finely grated zest and juice of 5 limes shopping list
- 10 oz (284ml) double cream (whipping cream or heavy cream) shopping list
- A few drops of green food coloring (optional) shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- 8 lime slices shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in pan, then remove from heat.
- Add crumbled cookies and stir, mixing welll with the butter.
- Pour into 9in (23cm) pie pan or loose-bottomed cake pan.
- Use a spoon (or your hand) to mold the mixture into the base and side of pan, pressing firmly.
- Place in refrigerator to set while preparing filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the filling ingredients (it will become thicker as you whisk).
- Add the food coloring 1 drop at a time until you achieve the color you like (optional).
- Pour into the chilled base and decorate with remaining lime slices.
- Chill for at least 60 minutes before serving.
- Note; You can top your key lime pie with whipped cream, merangue or Cool-Whip and lace it with chocolate sauce.