Orange Poppy Seed SaladFrom dugger 8 years ago
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup almonds, sliced shopping list
- 1 head bibb lettuce, torn shopping list
- 11 ounces mandarin orange, canned shopping list
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg white at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time., beating 2 to 4 minutes or until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves. Fold in almonds.
- Melt butter in a 9 inch square pan in a 325 F oven. Add almonds to pan and bake, stirring every 5 minutes, for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned and dry See Photo. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Toss together Bibb lettuce and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil and balance of ingredients; drizzle half over salad, tossing gently.
- Sprinkle with sugared almonds and serve immediately with remaining dressing.