Chipotle Black Bean and Rice StewFrom cookinmomma 10 years ago
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 cup vidalia onion, minced shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 2 Knorr Chipolte bouillon cubes (or 1-2 well-minced canned chipotle peppers) shopping list
- 1 cup frozen white corn kernels shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 (32 ounce) carton vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup white rice shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pot over medium heat.
- Put in olive oil and saute your bay leaf, celery, onions, and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Crumble up your chipotle cubes into the pot and add corn as well as 2 cans of undrained black beans.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and coriander. Stir this well.
- Add in tomato sauce, tomatoes and stock.
- Cover the pot and bring to high-heat and a boil.
- Now add rice and bring back to a boil again. Then lower heat, cover, and let simmer until the rice is tender.
The Cookcookinmomma San Francisco, CA
The Rating6 people
Sounds like a good recipe! Thanks for sharing it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I made your recipe and came back to give you a 5 rating. This was very good and everyone in my family loved it! Its a keeper and I wanted to thank you again for sharing it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I have to rate this one a very high 5. Very impressive!!!albys1 in Broomall loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!