Barbecued Cornish HensFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 2 large (1 1/2 to 2 lbs each) fresh Rock Cornish Game Hens, or if frozen, thawed shopping list
- salad oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce shopping list
- Citrus or celery tops and orange wedges for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat barbecue grill
- Remove giblets and necks from hens (save for other use). Cut each hen in half with shears or a boning knife. Rub skin with oil.
- Place hens on barbecue grill over medium hot coals, cooking for 25 to35 minutes, turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, combine marmalade, butter and teriyaki sauce in a small pan. heat, stirring until blended.
- Brush the basting sauce over the hens during the 10 to 15 minutes of cooking.
- Place hens on a platter. Garnish with citrus leaves or celery tops and orange wedges.
- If you can't find large hens use 4 small ones, 1 per servng