Amaretto CarrotsFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place carrots in a medium saucepan; cover with water (about 1 1/2 cups). Add salt; cook over medium heat until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Wash green tops and chill in ice water.
- Remove carrots to a warm dish and set aside. Ladle a tablespoon or two of cooking liquid into a small dish and set aside to cool.
- Add amaretto, almond extract and butter to saucepan; stir constantly until butter is melted.
- Whisk cornstarch into the small dish of reserved (cool) liquid; whisk cornstarch mixture into saucepan and continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in honey.
- Return carrots to pan and heat through.
- Garnish with green carrot tops.