Corned Beef - Tenderest And Tastiest Youll Ever EatFrom suzek999 5 years ago
- (sandwiches only) shopping list
- 2 (3 pound) corned beef briskets with spice packets shopping list
- 1/4 cup peppercorns shopping list
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) bottles beer shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 whole head garlic cloves, separated and peeled shopping list
- (if serving with veggies) shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, cut in eights shopping list
- 4 medium onions, quartered shopping list
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 6 carrots, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Place the corned beef briskets into a large pot. Sprinkle in one of the spice packets, and discard the other one or save for other uses. Pour in the beer, and fill the pot with enough water to cover the briskets by 1 inch. Add the bay leaves, peppercorns and garlic cloves. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 4 to 5 hours on the stovetop, checking hourly, and adding more water if necessary to keep the meat covered. If using crockpot, cook 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot, as it will be extremely tender. Set on a cutting board, and allow to rest until it firms up a bit, about 20 minutes. Slice or shred to serve. Delicious served on rye bread with brown mustard. Add cole slaw for a uniquely delicious treat!
- IF SERVING WITH VEGGIES . . . Once meat is removed from juices, strain and return to pot. Bring to boil and add the vegetables; cook about 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Serve with sliced corned beef.
- * * * NOTE * * * Cabbage can become very bitter if cooked too long, and it will ruin the taste of your corned beef. If making in the crockpot and leaving to cook all day, I suggest leaving the cabbage out and cooking it in the crockpot juices on the stovetop--it will only take 20-30 minutes to cook, and you'll have a wonderful meal a half hour after getting home.
The Cooksuzek999 Midland, PA
The Rating4 people
Corned beef in England comes out of a a can!
This sounds wonderful. 5!!!!
Can buy the real corned beef at a farm shop, only 2 miles away from home.
Going to try this!
Thankslexdavies in Stafford loved it
A tip, when cooking cabbage, leave the lid off, get no bittereness then & lovely smells not at all sulfuric.lexdavies in Stafford loved it
Just Had the Corned Beef This Evening, EXCELLENT!!! Very Tender & Flavorable. Thanks For Sharing this one Suzekgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!