Dans baked stuffed shrimpFrom saucylady 9 years ago
- For stuffing shopping list
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (about 1/4 pound) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced celery ribs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 pound scallops, chopped, or lump crabmeat, picked over shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 32 Ritz crackers (about two thirds of a 12-ounce package), crushed into coarse crumbs shopping list
- 18 jumbo shrimp (about 2 pounds), shelled, leaving tail and connecting shell segment intact shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- Accompaniment: lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. and butter a large baking dish.
- Make stuffing:
- In a large heavy skillet cook mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic, and parsley in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated. Add scallops or crabmeat and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in broth and cracker crumbs and remove skillet from heat.
- Butterfly shrimp by cutting lengthwise along inside curve, almost completely through. Split open shrimp and devein. Mound about 2 tablespoons stuffing onto each shrimp, pressing gently, and put shrimp, stuffed sides up, in baking dish. Melt butter and drizzle over shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with paprika and bake 20 minutes, or until stuffing is golden.
- Garnish shrimp with parsley and serve with lemon wedges