Hungarian LangosFrom chriesi 8 years ago
How to make it
- Warm milk, it should be lukewarm.
- Put yeats in a bowl, sprinkle sugar over it, add lukewarm milk.
- Sift flour, salt and knead a dough.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil and knead into the dough.
- Leave for about 30 minutes in a warm place so that the dough can raise.
- Cut into 9-10 portions and deep fry in hot oil. Serve with sour cream and cheese.
- For the red currant foam beat 1 egg white with a pinch of salt. Add 5 tablespoon sugar, one after the other and add 150 g red currant in small portions to it.
The Cookchriesi Zuerich, CH
The Rating3 people
I made these tonight for dinner to serve with soup. They were delicious. I rolled out the dough into a rough rectangle and cut it into squares. I cut a couple of slits into each one which helps them cook evenly (my Mom always did it like that) I...moretoleliz in Burlington loved it
this is yummy..I'll have to try it with out the potatoe.....and this is always found at all the Hungarian celebrations and picnics.paprikamama in Lake Mary loved it
I love langos! Such a nice surprise to find the recipe on this website! I used to go to Tusnad in Transylvania and eat as many as I could... needless to say I married a man from Transylvania too - so again, kept eating them at his mom's house. I reme...moreelgab89 in Toronto loved it