Turkey Osso BuccoFrom food4all 7 years ago
- 2 ½ lb turkey leg shanks shopping list
- Sea salt and black pepper to season meat shopping list
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 onions cut into a ¼” dice shopping list
- 2 medium carrots cut into ¼” coins shopping list
- 1 celery stalk cut into 1/4" coins shopping list
- 4 garlic buds minced shopping list
- 12-15 grape tomatoes cut in half shopping list
- 12 sprigs of thyme shopping list
- ½ cup dry marsala wine shopping list
- ½ cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place the shanks into a bowl and season. Add the flour and toss to coat.
- Heat a heavy saucepot on high heat that will accommodate all of your shanks.
- Add an ounce of canola oil and sear the both sides of the shanks for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the shanks to a holding plate and drain off the remainder of oil. Place the pot back onto the stove on medium-high heat and add 1 ounce of olive oil. Add the onions and carrots and cook stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes or until lightly colored. Add the garlic and cook a further 2 minutes. Add both the wines and bring to a boil then add the shanks, tomatoes, water and thyme. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 1 ½ hours turning the shanks halfway through. Remove the lid and shanks then simmer the broth for 20 minutes on medium heat to reduce and intensify the broth. Plate and scatter parsley overtop.