Cajun Berts Chicken CrescentFrom cajunspices66 7 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 3 cans crescent rolls or puff pastry cut in triangle crescent size shopping list
- 1 onion chopped fine shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 bell pepper chopped fine shopping list
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic minced fine shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup salsa shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese shopping list
- salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste or cajun seasoning 1 - 2 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté veggies for about 10-15 minutes, then add the frozen corn & salsa. Cook down a little while longer until all is heated throughout.
- Add the sour cream, mixing well.
- Add chicken and seasonings. The mixture should not be runny; therefore if needed cook some of the moisture out of the dish.
- Heat this thoroughly and then add the shredded cheese. Set aside to cool a little.
- Arrange your crescent rolls on parchment paper fitted onto a cookie sheet or a pizza pan. You should have the big part of the crescent towards the middle and the point part towards you with an empty circle (hole) in the middle. Author's note - (You should have a hole in middle of pan; the meat mixture goes on the inside of that).
- Fill the wider part of the pastry with the meat mixture. It will give the appearance of a tunnel. Take your pastry and fold them over the middle; you will have to stretch the pastry so it can cover the ring well or use scraps to fill the holes (see photo).
- Beat an egg and brush the egg over the ring.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes; the crust browns beautifully.
- You can also use Mexican seasonings. Also you could make a beef and mushroom filling. The possibilities are endless.
- WORK WITH THIS RECIPE, TWEAK TO YOUR LIKING!