Rice Patties Arabian wayFrom lohashim 6 years ago
- 3 cups rice shopping list
- 2 medium sized potatoes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or lamb shopping list
- 3 medium sized onions shopping list
- 1/2 bundle chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the rice, peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into three pieces and add to the rice.
- Cover the rice and potatoes with boiling water.
- Add salt and turmeric.
- Cook and, when ready, drain.
- Mix in the tomato paste, then mince the mixture twice.
- Put aside.
- STUFFING :
- Finely chop onions, fry until golden brown in three tablespoons of oil
- Add ground meat, spices, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cooked.
- Remove from the heat, leave to cool;
- Add the parsley and mix well.
- With wet hands, take medium sized pieces of rice and potato mix, shape each one into an oval, making a space in the center by pushing your finger through from one end.
- Fill this space with meat and onion stuffing.
- Close by pressing firmly on both ends. (They should look like those shown in the picture.)
- Fry patties in heated deep oil, making sure they are covered by oil. Serve hot.
The Cooklohashim Riyadh, SA
The Rating2 people
I've had kibbes many times and they are delicious - great post! Gets a 5 from me...thank you!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Hi again, hon! When you say 1 tsp of 'mixed spices' - what is in those spices? I want to make these as close to yours as I can. Thanks so much for your help....
Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Like Kibbes??? these are wonderful.... my 5!!!berry in loved it