Supposedly Wilt Chamberlins Hot Cheese Spinach DipFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 package of chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 cup of chicken stock shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper, more pepper, more better shopping list
- 4 to 6 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (Texas Pete here) shopping list
- 1 cup each of three white cheeses, your choice as long as one of them is white cheddar. shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch tossed with each cup of white cheese shopping list
- 1 cup of half and half shopping list
- 2 tsp of garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the stock in the top half of a double boiler, add the hot sauce, garlic powder, black pepper and stir in the spinach.
- Keep stirring and add handsful of each cheese that was tossed with the cornstarch.
- Stir slowly until each handful melts.
- Stir in cream, heat gently.
- Adjust seasoning for spiciness, adjust to taste.
- Serve with bread cubes, pretzel rods, blanched veggies; whatever floats your boat.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
How did I miss this? On the menu at my next get together. Tossing the cheese with cornstarch...how genius is that?sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sounds wonderful and has my name written all over it. Like Mrs. PH, I could eat the whole bowl by myself and be purrfectly happy about it, too. Another tasty offering - thanks, hon.lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!