Sausage and Pepper SandwichesFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- 4 uncooked sweet (Italian Sausage links) shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup green sweet pepper strips (1 medium shopping list
- 1 cup red sweet pepper strips ( 1 medium) shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced ans separated into rings shopping list
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon style mustard shopping list
- 4 French rolls, split shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook sausage links over medium heat about 5 minutes or until brown turning frequently.
- Carefully add water. Bring to a boil reduce heat. simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover cook sausages turning frequently until liquid evaporates and sausage are cooked through. Watch carefully so that sausage do not burn. Drain sausage on paper towels. wWpe out pan if necessary.
- In the same skillet add the oil, green, red peppers and onions. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return sausage links to skillet. Combine salad dressing and mustard, stir into mixture in skillet. h\Heat through.
- To serve, hollow out bottoms of the rolls. Broil roll halves 4" from the heat of the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted. Place sausage in roll bottoms. Top with sweet pepper mixture and roll tops.
- For an extra special touch, top the vegetable mixture with a slice of mozzarella cheese and broil just until the cheese melts. Add the bun tops before serving.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating3 people
this sounds great.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Silverqueen, I love this recipe. My mother used to make this when I was growing up. It's fabulous. Thank you for posting this delicious recipe.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Fabulous. A fav around here also. Great post.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!