Moroccan Lentil SoupFrom deliathecrone 9 years ago
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup dry lentils shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)* shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- * I've made it without the garam masala, when I couldn't find it at the store. It's still perfect. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot saute; the onions, garlic, and ginger in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, lentils, chick peas, white kidney beans, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garam masala, cardamom, cayenne pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil for a few minutes then simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or longer, until the lentils are soft.
- Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender. Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir and enjoy!
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
The Rating4 people
Love lentils and I don't care what their politic's are. This sounds wonderful. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
This sounds wonderful. I'm bookmarking this for soup season! LOL I tend to cook in seasons....Grilling now....soups in the Fall and winter, etc.dynie in Marietta loved it
With a few minor adjustments for personal taste, this soup was excellent. Thanks for posting.foodfight in Atlanta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!