Easy Lentil SoupFrom deliathecrone 7 years ago
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 to 2 stalks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 large carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium bunch of spinach leaves, washed shopping list
- 1 cup of dry lentils shopping list
- pinch of salt, or dried kelp shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried thyme shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried parsley shopping list
- 3 cups of water shopping list
- 2 cups of vegetable broth shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- * (Soaking time is included in Prep Time)
- Soak lentils for an hour. Discard floaters, rinse and drain in a colander.
- In a large stew pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, salt or kelp, pepper, oregano, thyme and parsley. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to saute until the spinach cooks down.
- Add water, vegetable broth, lentils and carrots. Reduced heat, cover and simmer over low heat for an hour or until lentils and carrots are fully cooked, about an hour.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!