cabbage with sausageFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin slices (3 cups) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 (12-oz) bottle beer shopping list
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut into 2-inch-long pieces shopping list
- 1 medium head cabbage (2 1/2 lb), halved lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch-thick wedges shopping list
- 3/4 lb medium red potatoes (about 4), quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, then add onion, sugar, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beer, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pot, then add kielbasa, cabbage, and potatoes and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour. Transfer kielbasa and vegetables to a large platter, discarding remaining liquid if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
The Rating7 people
Woo Wee! Love me some cabbage and kielbasa!!! How dare you go and throw in a bottle of beer when I wasn't looking!!!possumqueen in Small Town loved it
Sounds GREAT! You got my 5. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
This is one of my sisters favorite meals.. She just quarters the cabbage.. Gonna send to her..
Thankslinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!