cabbage with sausageFrom vino4dino 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin slices (3 cups) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 (12-oz) bottle beer shopping list
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut into 2-inch-long pieces shopping list
- 1 medium head cabbage (2 1/2 lb), halved lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch-thick wedges shopping list
- 3/4 lb medium red potatoes (about 4), quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, then add onion, sugar, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beer, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pot, then add kielbasa, cabbage, and potatoes and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour. Transfer kielbasa and vegetables to a large platter, discarding remaining liquid if desired.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
The Rating7 people
Woo Wee! Love me some cabbage and kielbasa!!! How dare you go and throw in a bottle of beer when I wasn't looking!!!possumqueen in Small Town loved it
Sounds GREAT! You got my 5. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
This is one of my sisters favorite meals.. She just quarters the cabbage.. Gonna send to her..
Thankslinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!