Best Blueberry PieFrom debra47 7 years ago
How to make it
- The cooking time is a rough estimate for a baked pie shell.
- Bake and cool a pastry shell.
- Fill with 2 cups of fresh blueberries.
- Cook 2 cups of blueberries with the water, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook until the ingredients have thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter.
- When the berry mixture is cold, spoon over the other berries in the baked pastry shell.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- The pie is great with fresh whipped cream.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating8 people
I'm using the blueberries I bought on sale to make this. I'll make the filling ahead and then bake it this coming weekend.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
I made this pie filling last night to bake the pie today and it's delicious. Great post.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
HI Debra :) Just noticed that rating....how could ANYONE give a low rating on a homemade blueberry pie??? It just isn't fathomable :) [BUMP].
I laughed at your comment about blueberries 'over there'...to this day my husband won't admit that he ...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it