Cajun Crawfish Or Shrimp PistolettesFrom cajunspices66 6 years ago
- 1-2 lbs crawfish tails or shrimp shopping list
- 2 1/2 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 ounces margarine for brushing shopping list
- 3 medium onions diced shopping list
- 1 small stalk of celery or 6 ribs chopped fine shopping list
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or more (optional) shopping list
- cajun seasonings (optional) you can use your own seasonings if you dont want the cajun seasoning shopping list
- hot sauce to taste (optional) shopping list
- 2 bags Pistolette rolls (24) or dinner rolls that are large enough to be stuffed shopping list
- It may look hard but these are not hard to make.. shopping list
How to make it
- First prepare the pistolettes rolls; cut a hole into one end of the roll and take out the inside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and sauté the onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic until onions have wilted.
- Add the seasonings along with the cans of cream of mushroom
- Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add the crawfish/shrimp to the mixture.
- Note - you could chop the crawfish/shrimp into smaller pieces as in a dip. Bring to a boil then simmer about 10 minutes.
- Do not forget to stir to prevent scorching.
- You could choose to add more or less cheese to achieve your desired "pudding" consistency. NOTE: IF THE MIXTURE IS TOO THICK YOU CAN ADD A LITTLE EVAPORATED MILK, TO THIN IT OUT SOME BUT YOU DONT WANT IT TOO THIN
- Add the parsley last (right before you place the filling in the roll)
- while warm, not hot, fill the pocket of the bun with the filling
- Stuffed Pistolettes may now be baked at 375 degrees F until golden brown about 20 minutes.
- If deep frying, drop into heated cooking oil until browned. Make sure there is enough oil to cover the pistolettes. Drain fried pistolettes on paper towels; serve hot.
- If baking the rolls spread butter on the top before putting in the oven
- ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE TO STUFF IN THE PISTOLETTE'S
- BROWN GROUND CHUCK
- SAUTEE BELL PEPPER, GREEN ONIONS, ONIONS, CELERY
- MIX WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND
- VELVETTA CHEESE
- MIX ALL THIS TOGETHER AND FILL IN THE PISTOLETTE'S
The Cookcajunspices66 Pineville, LA
The Rating5 people
Another winner for sure! Yum!!!meals4abby in Valders loved it