Cajun Crawfish Or Shrimp PistolettesFrom cajunspices66 6 years ago
- 1-2 lbs crawfish tails or shrimp shopping list
- 2 1/2 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 ounces margarine for brushing shopping list
- 3 medium onions diced shopping list
- 1 small stalk of celery or 6 ribs chopped fine shopping list
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or more (optional) shopping list
- cajun seasonings (optional) you can use your own seasonings if you dont want the cajun seasoning shopping list
- hot sauce to taste (optional) shopping list
- 2 bags Pistolette rolls (24) or dinner rolls that are large enough to be stuffed shopping list
- It may look hard but these are not hard to make.. shopping list
How to make it
- First prepare the pistolettes rolls; cut a hole into one end of the roll and take out the inside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and sauté the onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic until onions have wilted.
- Add the seasonings along with the cans of cream of mushroom
- Add the Velveeta cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add the crawfish/shrimp to the mixture.
- Note - you could chop the crawfish/shrimp into smaller pieces as in a dip. Bring to a boil then simmer about 10 minutes.
- Do not forget to stir to prevent scorching.
- You could choose to add more or less cheese to achieve your desired "pudding" consistency. NOTE: IF THE MIXTURE IS TOO THICK YOU CAN ADD A LITTLE EVAPORATED MILK, TO THIN IT OUT SOME BUT YOU DONT WANT IT TOO THIN
- Add the parsley last (right before you place the filling in the roll)
- while warm, not hot, fill the pocket of the bun with the filling
- Stuffed Pistolettes may now be baked at 375 degrees F until golden brown about 20 minutes.
- If deep frying, drop into heated cooking oil until browned. Make sure there is enough oil to cover the pistolettes. Drain fried pistolettes on paper towels; serve hot.
- If baking the rolls spread butter on the top before putting in the oven
- ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE TO STUFF IN THE PISTOLETTE'S
- BROWN GROUND CHUCK
- SAUTEE BELL PEPPER, GREEN ONIONS, ONIONS, CELERY
- MIX WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND
- VELVETTA CHEESE
- MIX ALL THIS TOGETHER AND FILL IN THE PISTOLETTE'S
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookcajunspices66 Pineville, LA
The Rating5 people
Another winner for sure! Yum!!!meals4abby in Valders loved it