New England Pasta Salad With Ricotta and FetaFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound penne pasta shopping list
- 2 medium cucumbers peeled seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup olives pitted and halved shopping list
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese for garnish shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/2 large red onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 3 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt to a boil then add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool to room temperature stirring occasionally.
- When cool place in a large bowl and add the dressing.
- For the dressing combine all ingredients except for oil, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until it is thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to stand at least 30 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon gently mix salad until dressing is well distributed.
- Add remaining ingredients except 1 ounce feta for garnish.
- Let stand for 1/2 hour.
- Mix well and top with feta and serve.