Potato Leek SoupFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- 2 cups leeks, sliced shopping list
- 6 Tbs olive oil (originally butter, but that's not vegan) shopping list
- 8 cups Vegitable broth (originally chicken, ditto) shopping list
- 4 med potatoes or 2 lbs, cut in 1/8" slices shopping list
- 1 onion, grated shopping list
- 4 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped (moms) shopping list
- -or- shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh dill chopped for a delightful variation (mine) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt to taste (originally 2 tsp) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Clean Leeks well and slice whites and the tender greens.
- In heavy soup pot, saute Leeks in oil for about 5 minutes till soft, do not brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 50 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender (carefully as it's hot!) or with an immersion blender.
- Serve garnish with a small sprig of parsley or chopped dill.
- Crockpot instructions: Saute leeks in oil till soft, deglaze pan with a little broth, add everything but herbs to crockpot. Divide herbs in half, add half now. Reserve the other half to add 1 hour before cooking is done. Cook for at least 6 hours on Low, till potatoes are soft. Puree as above and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
Excellent! I'm not a vegetarian, but I always believed there were vegan/vegetarian recipes that could rival anything else! This is one of them!KatieDid in Windsor loved it
Looks delish! Thanks for the post.conner909 in Southern Calif. loved it
I made this soup recerntly...since I'm not a vegan, I used bacon drippings...but even so, this soup was really delicious! Not real thick or gummy. Thanks....5 forks!conner909 in Southern Calif. loved it