Potato Leek SoupFrom deedeec 6 years ago
- 2 cups leeks, sliced shopping list
- 6 Tbs olive oil (originally butter, but that's not vegan) shopping list
- 8 cups Vegitable broth (originally chicken, ditto) shopping list
- 4 med potatoes or 2 lbs, cut in 1/8" slices shopping list
- 1 onion, grated shopping list
- 4 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped (moms) shopping list
- -or- shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh dill chopped for a delightful variation (mine) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt to taste (originally 2 tsp) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Clean Leeks well and slice whites and the tender greens.
- In heavy soup pot, saute Leeks in oil for about 5 minutes till soft, do not brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 50 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender (carefully as it's hot!) or with an immersion blender.
- Serve garnish with a small sprig of parsley or chopped dill.
- Crockpot instructions: Saute leeks in oil till soft, deglaze pan with a little broth, add everything but herbs to crockpot. Divide herbs in half, add half now. Reserve the other half to add 1 hour before cooking is done. Cook for at least 6 hours on Low, till potatoes are soft. Puree as above and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
Looks delish! Thanks for the post.conner909 in Southern Calif. loved it
I made this soup recerntly...since I'm not a vegan, I used bacon drippings...but even so, this soup was really delicious! Not real thick or gummy. Thanks....5 forks!conner909 in Southern Calif. loved it
Excellent! I'm not a vegetarian, but I always believed there were vegan/vegetarian recipes that could rival anything else! This is one of them!KatieDid in Windsor loved it