Easy BierocksFrom luvshk 6 years ago
- 1 package frozen Texas rolls ( I use the Rhodes brand ) shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs hamburger shopping list
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded or 2 bags of shredded cabbage ( not slaw ) shopping list
- 1 medium to large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- All spice shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw rolls according to package directions.
- In an electric skillet or dutch oven, cook hamburger and onion until brown and drain grease.
- Add shredded cabbage, all spice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and cover until cabbage is tender.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and cool.
- Spray cookie sheets ( will probably take about 4 ) with Pam. Do not use airbake pans ( I don't know why, that's just what the recipe says !)
- When meat is cool and dough is thawed; roll rolls flat and fill each with two heaping tablespoons of meat/cabbage mixture.
- Pinch shut and place on cookie sheets seam side down. Leave plenty of room between as dough will rise.
- Let set to raise - about 1 to 2 hours - until dough has raised to double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter.
- Remove from cookie sheet to continue cooling.
- I didn't include the time used to thaw dough or raising time in prep time.
- Store or freeze in plastic bags. These are great microwaved and we eat them with mustard.