Millionare SquaresFrom auntybea 9 years ago
- 1 medium package of Dad's coconut cookies, crushed finely. shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups icing sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cookie crumbs (reserving 1 cup) with the melted butter and press into an 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the 1/2 cup of butter with the chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts.
- Add in the icing sugar and beaten egg and stir until very smooth, about one minute.
- Spread this mixture atop the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top.
- Let sit or refrigerate before cutting into squares.
- You can leave the nuts out of this recipe very successfully. In fact, its much creamier if you do. Freezes very well.