Beer Marinated Ribs in Bbq SauceFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 4-5 lb. pork back ribs shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1/2 bunch each of fresh rosemary, thyme (whatever is handy) shopping list
- 3 bottles of beer (your choice) shopping list
- SAUCE FOR RIBS: shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry mustard powder shopping list
- 1 tsp Tabasco shopping list
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried onion flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from ribs. Cut the ribs into 2 portions.
- Place onion slices on bottom of ovenproof dish (like a lasagna pan). Place ribs on top of onion slices and sprinkle remaining herbs and spices.
- Pour beer over the ribs and cover with foil. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Poke a few holes in the foil and place in oven preheated to 325 for 60 – 90 minutes.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in saucepan bring to a boil then remove from heat and allow to sit for two hours.
- Remove the ribs from the dish, reserving the liquid.
- Place ribs, bone side down, on the grill, directly over medium heat. Grill for 10 minutes or until browned, basting every few minutes with sauce and reserved liquid.
- Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating3 people
OMG...never marinated this way before, on top of the onions...have put beer in the sauce, but, this sounds soooo much better!! Cannot wait to try this...Bryan off next weekend...on the menu!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
These would be perfect for those long summer days at the cottage...oh sorry, I'm dreaming again. Thanksdlpblue in Toronto loved it