Incredibly Tender English Beef Roast And VegetablesFrom hoosiermom68 8 years ago
- 5-6 lb.boneless Black Angus English roast (Boneless shoulder cut) shopping list
- 2 C.water shopping list
- 6 beef bullion cubes shopping list
- veg.oil shopping list
- red potatoes shopping list
- celery shopping list
- onions shopping list
- carrots shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 2-3 dashes garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- *Remove smoke alarm-it will go off*
- Put enough oil to cover the bottom of a large hot skillet.
- Heat oil on high and braise the outsides of the roast (I did about 12-13 minutes of each side)...be sure to braise the ends too.
- Microwave 2 cups of water to boiling and add bullion cubes until dissolved.
- Place roast in large roasting pan and pour the leftover oil w/drippings and bullion water over roast.
- Slice 1 medium onion and layer over roast.
- Sprinkle with salt/pepper/garlic powder.
- Cover and cook for approx 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove cover and baste w/drippings.
- Add chopped vegetable of your liking,and recover.
- Cook for the next 2 hrs or until tender.
- Perfect "comfort food"
The Cookhoosiermom68 Merrillville, IN
The Rating4 people
sounds fantastic - this gets my 5! I love a good roast!goddess_mom_2_3 in Townsend loved it
Wonderful and the Black Angus is just an amazing, flavorful tender roast. Great job, Carrie - thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I grew up on this roast and it was a favorite at the family restaurant. Just a couple of differences. We skip the bullion and use Beef Base instead. Also, after braising we cook overnight in the crock pot on low. It never makes it to lunch untouc...moreHomecookinHoosier in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!