Chickpea Spinach And Cod StewFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
- 1 can (8 ounces) chickpeas shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, clean and torn (it is OK if use frozen) shopping list
- 1/2 pound cod, (disalated ,deboned and torn into chunks) or fresh firm flesh fish. shopping list
- 4 Tbsp Spanish virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 tsp Spanish sweet paprika (Pimentón de la Vera is the best)) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pan arrange chickpeas, well risen and drained and the cod. Add cold water (do not add too much water, just enough to cover the chickpeas) and take to a boil on medium heat. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Add spinach,salt and pepper to taste and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- While chickpeas are cooking take a pan and add oil and onion. Cook on low until onion is soft but not brown. Add tomatoes and stir well. Let cook for 10 more minutes and then add the flour and paprika. Mix and let it cook on very low heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly since paprika burns easily.
- Pour the content of the pan into the casserole with the chickpeas mixture and stir carefully so fish does not break up too much. The sauce will thickens a little. Check for salt and pepper and let it cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve on individual bowls and sprinkle with some chopped hard boiled eggs if you like (this is the Spanish colorful way of adding some more proteins to the dish).
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
Comfort Foods773 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Soup Is Good Food564 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes287 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Very Low Sugar Or Stevia Recipes31 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers187 members