Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut-Curry SauceFrom theresekh 9 years ago
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 3 cups hot cooked basmati rice shopping list
- 4 lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add pepper and onions; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Brush fish with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.