Grilled Game Hens with Honey Lime DressingFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Cornish Game Hens, at least 2 pounds each, completely thawed and split in half shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Pinch freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, thyme, rosemary, and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Remove and discard giblets from hens; rinse hens, and pat dry with paper towels.
- To split hens, place each hen breast-side-up on cutting board.
- With a sharp butcher knife, cut through ribs along one side of backbone; repeat on other side and discard backbone.
- Turn hen over and cut through along one side of breastbone.
- Place hen halves in a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour blended honey-lime dressing over hens and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally to distribute marinade.
- Remove hens from bag and reserve dressing.
- Season hens with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place cut side up in center of cooking grate and grill for 25 to 30 minutes until no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
- Pour reserved dressing into a small saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for one full minute.
- Place grilled hens on a platter and pour hot dressing over them. Sprinkle with cilantro.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
Grilling BBQing238 members
Family Favorites140 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Chief Jons Grill Masters56 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Marinades Rubs And Glazes90 members
Lip Smackin Limes32 members