Hearty Potato SoupFrom bitsyskitchen 7 years ago
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 6 celery stalks, diced shopping list
- 2 qt. water shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large kettle cook potatoes, carrots and celery in water until tender. About 20 minutes. Drain reserving liquid and setting veggies aside.
- Sauté onion in butter until soft. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until thickened. Stir in veggies. (will look like condensed soup) Add 1 cup or more of reserved liquid until desired consistency.
- *Note I keep some of the liquid for later as the soup the next day will really be thick if you have any leftovers. So just thin it out with the leftover broth. Top with crumbled bacon or stir in some shredded cheese if you so desire.