Vegetarian Split Pea soupFrom riverrat715 5 years ago
- 1 gallon chicken flavored boulion (Make sure you use the chicken falvored that has no actual chicken in it for vegetarian) You can also use vegetable boulion shopping list
- 1 lb split peas shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cps shredded carrots shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and diced to a half inch dice shopping list
- 2 tbs dried parsley or 1/4 cp chopped fresh shopping list
- 1 tbs basil shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1tsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
How to make it
- combine all ingrediens except butter in large soup kettle
- bring to a strong rolling boil
- reduce heat to a simmer and simmer covered about two to three hours.
- Add more water if needed
- stir occasionaly to prevent sticking
- When soup is thick and fragrant add butter
- stir and serve. This is so good on a cool day.
The Cookriverrat715 Small Town, WI
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!