Mango-habanero SauceFrom jimrug1 7 years ago
- 2 Tbls peanut oil shopping list
- 8 Ripe mangoes peeled and cut into large dice shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced white onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced carrot shopping list
- 2 Fresh habanero Chiles Seeded and cut into quarters shopping list
- 1/2 cup Champaign vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar or honey shopping list
- salt to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat Oil in a heavy skillet on Med High. Add Onion, Carrot, and Habanero Chiles. Cook for about 10 minutes until Onion is translucent. Deglaze with Vinegar. Reduce heat to medium, add Mangoes, Ketchup, and Sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 35 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt to taste, and pulse in a blender. Strain through a medium strainer. If sauce is too thick, thin with a little water. Store in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Spicy Mango Pork or Chicken. Marinate pork chops or chicken pieces in Mango-Habanero sauce 4 - 6 hrs. Wipe off marinade and grill. Baste with reheated sauce the last 5 - 8 mins of grilling.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating5 people
Sounds delicious and like something I would really appreciate. I love the heat. Thanks, Jim!lunasea in Orlando loved it
this is definelty on the must try list will give this to my DH and have make up a batch - thanks for the post!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
Wow Jim...berry in Winter Park loved it