Jims Famous Cajun Chicken n Rice CasseroleFrom cookingwithjim 7 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1 chopped clove of garlic shopping list
- hot sauce (to taste Texas Pete) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked white rice(do not use brown rice) shopping list
- 1(10 3/4ounce)can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1(14ounce)can chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked and drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle Cajun spice evenly on each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in vegetable oil-sprayed cooking dish (large sized).
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and broccoli.
- Pour this mixture on top and around chicken in casserole dish.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove casserole from oven; top with shredded Provolone and continue baking (uncovered, this time!) about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- NOTE: Unfortunately, brown rice does not perform as well as white in most recipes. Brown rice normally needs to be cooked nearly twice as long. For this reason, I do not recommend substituting brown rice for white in this particular recipe. :).
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookcookingwithjim Dothan, AL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!