Creole Baked FishFrom dixiediner 7 years ago
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning, divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp hot sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) packages frozen fish fillets, thawed according to package directions (or fresh fish if you have it) shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350*
- saute bell peppers and onion in hot oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat 5 minutes or until tender. add garlic, and saute 1 minutes. stir in tomatoes, 1 tsp cajun seasoning, pepper, and if desired, hot sauce. cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. remove from heat.
- sprinkle 1 side of fish fillets evenly with remaining cajun seasoning. place fillets, seasoned sides up, on top of tomato mixture in skillet. bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. serve immediately.