Shrimp and Pasta PicanteFrom ravenseyes 5 years ago
- 1 lb shrimp (16-20 count peeled and devined) shopping list
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup onion (sweet diced very fine) shopping list
- 3 Tbsps garlic (crushed) shopping list
- 14. 5 oz fire roasted tomatoes with garlic (Hunts makes the Fire Roasted series) shopping list
- 2 Tsps. Hot chili flavored oil with toasted sesame oil (use less or more to your heat preference) shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp basil shopping list
- ½ tsp thyme shopping list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 whole dried hot red pepper shopping list
- 2-3 cups uncooked pasta shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet heat your EVOO and add onions and garlic sauté till onions are clear. Add the fire roasted tomatoes, and spices. Let this simmer for 20 minutes (the whole red peppers again can be increased or decreased depending on your desire for heat
- While your sauce is simmering make your pasta – I simply used a bunch of open pasta’s not enough left over for a full meal but there – so used your imagination and see what you come up with. Cook till el dente
- While the pasta is cooking add your whole shrimp to the tomato sauce and allow to cook till shrimp are nice and pink. Try not to over cook as the shrimp gets tough with over cooking.
- Just before serving add pasta to the shrimp and tomato sauce – for garnish use a little fresh chopped parsely and serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- I had some leftover peas and charred onions in the fridge and threw them in at the last minute – you can if you like pretty much add any kind of vegetable or just leave it out all together.
- Charred Onions – in a heavy cast iron skillet add 2 cups onions sliced in large slices, the skillet should be screaming hot – once onions are added lower heat to medium high , flip the onions at the 3 minute mark and then repeat – you should come up with a nice charred looking onion not burnt – charred – we love to throw these into a can of peas ….this is what was added to the recipe at the very end
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating2 people
Hmmm, I'll trade a plate of Vito's supper for a plate of that *blink blink* Deal? LOL Your pasta recipe is making me really hungry. Looks great! Thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!