Sirloin Steak with Bearnaise SauceFrom cookinggood 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin stead, 1" thick shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 tablespoon set aside, 5 cut small & chilled) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Season steak on both sides with salt & pepper and refrigerate
- Combine wine, vinegar and shallots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixtrue is reduced to two tablespoons, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large heavy ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. When it is hot add oil and 1 tablespoon of the reserved butter.
- When butter is melted add steak and sear for 1 minute. Reduce heat and cook until the first side is golden brown and beginning to crisp, about 3 minutes longer.
- With tongs turn the steak and sear the other side until it is brown, about 3 minutes.
- Place pan in the oven and finish cooking, turning once. (about 6-8 minutes for medium -rare.)
- Transfer steak to platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To finish sauce put through a fine strainer, pressing on shallots.
- Whisk the five tablespoons of cold butter a few peices at a time into warm reduction until you have a creamy sauce.
- Stir tarragon to taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak into half inch thick slices across grain, spoon sauce on top and serve.
The Cookcookinggood Leesburg, FL
The Rating4 people
I love this recipe! SO delicious. I thank you - and I like Andrea, too. Great offering...lunasea in Orlando loved it
great steak thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!