Chicken Curry In A HurryFrom mkm114 8 years ago
- 4 - Skinless, Boneless, chicken breast Halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon - corn, Grapeseed, or olive oil shopping list
- 1 - Medium onion, Sliced shopping list
- 1/3 Cup - golden raisins (optional) shopping list
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons - Yellow curry powder, or to taste (I always use more!!!) shopping list
- 1 Cup - sour cream shopping list
- salt and Freshly ground pepper to Taste shopping list
- Minced fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish shopping list
- *****Note: You can substitute coconut milk or yogurt for the sour cream, whatever your preference!! ***** shopping list
How to make it
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions (and optional raisins), sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the sour cream and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
- Garnish with cilantro, parsley or anything you like!! Try shredded coconut, green onion, mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, and the list goes on!!!
- *****Make sure your chicken is cooked throughly before serving. Also, if your sauce appears a little runny, continue cooking until it thickens up!!!*****