Pineapple CakeFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- 1 box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 stick butter-melted shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple with juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 9" x 13" baking pan or two 9" round pans.
- Sift cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter,eggs,milk,and extracts. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat,combine pineapple,sugar,butter,water,and cornstarch. Mix well
- Bring mixture to a boil then simmer until thickened.
- For 9" x 13" pan:
- Leave warm cake in pan. Cool glaze slightly then pour over cake.
- Cool completely.
- For 9" layers:
- Cool layers completely. Cool glaze until lukewarm.
- Frost cake as you normally would.